|Twisted Metal Demo Crew 2017 Rules
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN INSPECTION LINE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE START
DERBY OR AN ADDITIONAL $50.00 FEE WILL BE ADDED TO PARTICIPATE!
Entry and Registration
1. Each driver must fill out an entry blank in its entirety.
2. Each driver and pit crew member must sign a release form prior to entering the pit area. All injuries must be
the officials at once. Only drivers, owners, mechanics, crew members that sign the release sheet will be allowed in
3. Each driver must be 16 years of age or older and must hold a valid driver’s license. If under 18 years of age, the
must have a notarized release signed by a parent or legal guardian.
4. If you are pregnant and/or have back, heart, or health problems, you are not permitted to compete.
5. Any driver or crew member not obeying the rules will be disqualified. Drivers are responsible for the actions of
6. All competition rules are explained at the mandatory drivers meeting.
7. The track owners, fair board have the right to approve or reject any entry.
8. The track owners, fair board is not responsible for any vehicles, parts, or personal property at any time.
9. Any American made hardtop automobile or station wagon is permitted. No convertibles, jeeps, hearses,
4-wheel drive cars will be permitted.
1. Only the driver will be permitted with each entry into the inspection area. NO SPECTATORS PERMITTED.
2. Each entry will ONLY be permitted one additional attempt through the inspection area. Build your vehicles to the
NO REFUNDS will be awarded for illegal entries.
3. All entries will be required to open hoods in the inspection area
4. All entries must be inspected 1 hour prior to show time. If vehicle is not in inspection line 1 hour before show
$50.00 fee will be added to participate.
1. Remove ALL glass, fiberglass, headlights, taillights, trim, interior, trailer hitches, etc. Vehicles must be swept
junk tires, wheels, metal parts, etc. allowed.
2. All rear seats and flooring decking must be removed. Any sharp or protruding fins must be cut off the vehicle.
3. Standard safety belts, Z-90 approved helmet, and eye protection (face shield or safety glasses) are required.
highly recommended. Fire retardant suits, clothing, or hood is recommended. No shorts or shirtless drivers will be
4. Exhaust (either zoomies or headers) must point away from fuel lines and headers must be straight in the air.
5. All hoods must have a square hole directly cut above the carb. All hood and deck lid latches must be removed.
6. Firewalls may not be totally removed. If holes are cut for clearance purposes, the holes must be covered by
fireproof. If patched with metal, the metal must not be thicker than 16 gauge.
7. No spray devises or cans permitted in the vehicle.
8. All vehicles must have dependable brakes at all times.
9. Stock gas tanks must be removed from the original position. A replacement tank must be securely fastened in the
section (no farther forward than the back of the front seat) of the drivers compartment. Steel gas tanks or Neoprene
construction approved tanks may be used. No original tanks permitted. Gas tank must be securely fastened by
than ratchet straps or wire. Tanks must be securely bolted to the floor. Tanks must be covered in a fireproof
vehicle that spills gas will be disqualified immediately. Gas tank protectors maybe used must have a gap between
10. Electric fuel pumps are permitted, but the switch must be CLEARLY marked ON/OFF.
11. Stock batteries must be removed from the original position. A battery must located in the driver’s compartment
securely fastened to the floor. The battery must be covered.
12. No profanity will be permitted on any vehicle.
• FOLLOW 2017 Bash Rules with the addition of all old iron including 1964-1966 imperials. Rules will be posted
Compact Cars Rules
• NO ENGINE PROTECTORS ALLOWED OR BEAD LOCKS
1. 108” maximum standard wheel base center to center, no alterations.
2. Factory gas tanks can stay in, if in front of rear axle.
3. Four point cage may not extend past the dash bar or more than 18” behind the driver’s seat. Gas tank protectors
be any wider than 24 inches and cannot extend past rear seat.
4. Maximum of a 5 lug rear end.
5. Bumper straps may be used to securely fasten a bumper on either end of the car. No homemade brackets.
6. Front bumper brackets, if there are not stock to the car they are one they cannot be any longer than 10” . If you
bumper shock inside a frame it can only be 10 inches long and must have an inspection hole to verify where it
cannot have brackets on the side of frame and a shock bracket inside of the frame.
7. No down bars off of cage.
8. Rear window bars may not be welded to trunk lid. If no trunk lid it must go straight down.
Full size Truck Rules
• NO STRAIGHT FRAME TRUCKS (“STATE FRAME”) ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT RUN!
1. Any American made truck is permitted. 4-wheel drive trucks may only run 2WD (pull a driveshaft). Any
TON and down is permitted. If truck frame has extra support brackets or is beefed up from the factory you better call
building and we’ll come look at it! Officials decision will determine if it can be ran!! Suburban’s are permitted.
2. Tailgates may be welded shut using 3”x¼” strap. A maximum of 48” of strap may be used. Back bumper or
tailgate has to
be 16” of the ground.
3. Beds must be welded to the cab of the truck with a 3” strap directly behind the doors.
4. An interior four point cage is required to compete. The cage may not extend outside of the cab into the bed.
may attach vertically to the frame in four locations. No metal may be added to the frame to attach the cage. The
must be welded directly to the frame.
5. Car bumpers may be used. Factory bumper brackets can be used or 3”x3” angle or square tubing 8” long.
6. A single piece of 3”x3”x¼” angle iron may be welded from the left front frame rail to the right front frame rail (in
front of aarms)
on all front coil sprung trucks only. Front leaf sprung trucks may use a chain from rail to rail or from the engine cradle
to each rail.
7. Trucks must securely fasten gas tanks directly behind the center of the cab in the bed.
8. 48” piece of ¼”x2”x2” angle may be welded on inside of tailgate.
9. fix aplate rule 6”x6”x1/4” follow car rules! If abused plate will be cut off!!!!
10. NO HUMP PLATES
11. C-channel front frame trucks can run kickers off the front bar to the middle to the A arms no bigger than 2”x2”
tube. Boxed framed trucks down bars have to stop at firewall.
80’s & Newer Stock rules
1. Any STOCK American made 1980 or newer hardtop may be used. 2003 and newer Ford Motor Company full size
Crown Vic, Interceptor, Grand Marquis allowed MUST HAVE ORIGINAL FACTORY FRONT CRADLE, FRONT
SUSPENSION AND STEERING.
2. Engine may be swapped (Chevy to Ford, Ford to Chevy etc.). HAS TO HAVE STOCK RUBBER MOUNTS. No
cradles or distributor protectors. Weld or wire engine and transmission mounts in.
3. Hoods may be wired in six locations. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole. Sheet metal to sheet metal 2 spots to frame or
Hoods MUST be open for inspection. Front and rear fenders may be trimmed for clearance. No bolting or welding
fender to outer fender.
4. Drivers door only may be welded solid. All other doors can be welded shut with 2 3”x6” per door seam OR 6
side 2 strands of 9 wire per hole not both. Sheet metal to sheet metal.
5. Trunks and tailgates may be wired shut in 6 locations or welded 6 places 3”x3” plates. Must have inspection hole if
welded. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole and sheet metal to sheet metal 2 spots can go to frame or bumper.
6. NO WEDGING, TUCKING, SMASHING, COLD BENDING, TILTING OR PINNING OF QUARTERS OR BODY. Body
must be stock appearing. Quarters maybe cut for wheel clearance
7. NO extra body mounts. MUST have stock rubber mounts, spacing and can add 4inch body spacers at core
bigger than 5/8” all thread can run through core support.
8. NO frame modifications, I.e. NO RESTUBBING. Frame must be STOCK.
9. Front Bumper may be swapped for any factory car bumper. Must have stock bumper mounts and may be welded
mounts only. No extra metal may be added.
10. ALL suspension parts MUST be stock. May weld or wire in the rear coils.
11. May change body mount bolts. To a max ½” bolt with a max 3” washer.
12. 5 lug rear end only.
13. Frames may be notched BUT NOT welded back together.
1. Full engine cradles, distributor protectors, header protectors, carburetor protectors, front/mid-engine plates,
etc… are not
2. Lower engine cradle is permitted for mounting purposes only! May not reinforce or strengthen the car in any way!
3. Engine swaps are permitted must be mounted to factory K-member/cradle only
4. Stacks/headers are permitted. Engine may be welded or chained to K-member only not to frame!!
1. Aftermarket shifters and slider shafts ARE permitted!
2. Trans protectors, braces, aftermarket bellhousing, and tail shafts are NOT permitted!!
1. MUST BE 100% STOCK! Tilting, cold bending, reshaping, of frame is NOT permitted!!!!
2 .2003 and newer fords are permitted, must have factory cradle steering and suspension!!!
3. Front suspension may be welded. If welded a maximum 2”x2”x1/4”plate is allowed on front and rear of upper a-
bottom a-arms may NOT BE WELDED!
4. Must run factory front suspension components. No aftermarket or reinforced ball joints or spindles.
5. You may cut/notch/dimple the rear frame to help roll. Notched areas may NOT BE REWELDED!!!
6. Frames may NOT be shortened, front or rear!!!
7.Rear suspension may NOT be soild. No all-thread shocks. Must bounce!
8.Hump plates are NOT permitted. A chain or two strains of wire may be attached between the humps to prevent
from hitting the tires.
9. Rear frame and bumper height must be at least 15”
10. Front sway bars may only be attached using factory brackets and mounts.NO WELDING!
1. Any air filled tires are permitted.
2. Stock wheels only. Full wheel centers, wheel protectors, bead protectors, bead locks are not permitted!
Electrical and Battery
1 .only one battery allowed must be securely fastened and covered before inspection.
1 .Must have visible and significant damage!
2. May use 2 fix it plates per side PLATES NO LARGER THAN 4”X4”X1/8” and may only be welded on 3 sides of
3. If size or thickness is abused it WILL be cut completely OFF!!!
1. Any factory 5-lug automotive/passenger car rear-end housing is permitted.
2. Rear-end braces, and housing reinforcement is not permitted. Spider gears may be welded.
1. May have a 4 point cage around drivers compartment for safety. Maximum material dimension is 3” bar, square
channel, ect… One bar may be located behind the driver’s seat, across dash, and two connecting bars along driver
2. The bar behind the seat can sit no further back than 6” past front door post.
3. A roll over bar is permitted May not be attached to the floor or frame
4. The cage bars may be attached to sheet metal only with a maximum 12”x12”x1/4”plate.Cage may NOT attach to
the cage bars are not weld securely, they must be removed for your safety!
5. A gas tank “holder” is permitted. Holders may attach to floor or cage. If attached to cage, the holder may be up to
and must be 5” away from ALL sheet metal on all car. This rule will be strictly enforced. If less than 5” gap the holder
MUST RUN ALL FACTORY STEERING, HOWEVER YOU CAN RUN AFTER MARKET COLUMN. YOU CAN ADD ONLY
HAVE 2 KNUCKLES! NO AFTERMARKET GAS PETALS,BRAKE PETALS!NO TRANNY COOLERS INSIDE DRIVERS
COMPARTMENT!DO NOT FOLLOW REGULAR CAR RULES THESE ARE THE STOCK RULES IF IT DON’T SAY
CAN DO IT THAN DON’T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
This class is for the kids AGES 11-16. Bring Birth Certificate in case of a challenge of age. To let them learn to strip
and build a car to the rules and sportsmanship win or lose. Upon arrival a notarized parent and/ or legal guardian
form must be filled out or you will not be allowed to participate. A parent and/ or legal guardian must ride with the
is for instructional purpose as well as a possibly emergency situation.
1. A factory 4 or 6 cylinder front wheel drive only. 108” wheel base max.
2. Both front doors must be painted white.
3. Hoods may be wired in six locations. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole. Sheet metal to sheet metal NO frame or bumper.
MUST be open for inspection. Front and rear fenders may be trimmed for clearance. No bolting or welding inner
outer fender or rolling fenders.
4. Drivers and passenger doors can be welded solid. Drivers and Passenger’s front door MUST have a bar or
on outside of doors, must stop at front doors. All other doors can be welded shut with 2 3”x3” plates OR 6 locations
2 strands of 9 wire per hole not both Sheet metal to sheet metal.
5. Trunks and tailgates may be wired shut in 6 locations. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole and sheet metal to sheet
MUST be open for inspection. Trunks can have 45” of weld.
6. May weld or wire in the rear coils.
7. Two locations of wire or rod must be placed from front cowl to the front of the roof to prevent hood entry into the
8. Stock batteries must be removed from the original position. A battery must located in the driver’s compartment
front seat and securely fastened to the floor. The battery must be covered.
LAWN MOWERS RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The garden or lawnmower must have a factory frame, no homemade frames.
2. Must be a front engine mower, no rear engines allowed.
3. All mowers must have factory stock engines.
4. Transaxles must be factory; reinforcing or spider gears is allowed.
5. Reinforcing the frame is permitted.
6. reinforcing around engine is allowed, but cannot be outside of the hood.
7. Hoods must remain factory. Hoods can be screwed down or welded. If hood is fiberglass, you can make a hood
sheet metal, but it is not allowed to be any bigger than the fiberglass hood was.
8. Brakes must be in operation when pulling in for heat race, must also have forward and reverse gear.
9. Gas tank must be fastened with cap on, if it comes loose or gas leaks you will be disqualified.
10. Some sort of leg guard is mandatory before entering arena, must go from rear fender to front foot rest or frame,
must be of 1-2 inch diameter.
11. The front of the frame under grill may be strengthened for hitting but must be a smooth finish, no front bumpers
12. A rear bumper is recommended, but not mandatory. It cannot extend 4 inches out from rear of mower. Some sort
protection is recommended, but not mandatory.
13. Pulleys can be changed to increase speed.
14. Drivetrain modifications are allowed to change gearing but must stay original. (belt drive stays belt drive, chain
stays chain drive)
15. Wheels must have factory rims with no modifications, tires of choice. No dual wheels or cut tires.
16. Mower decks must be taken off before entering pits, plus all headlights and any other plastics must be removed
entering pit area.
17. NUMBER MUST BE SOMEWHERE ON EACH SIDE OF MOWER. NUMBER MAY BE ON HELMET ALSO.
18. If mower does not pass inspection, or participant refuses to fix something, there will be no refunds.
19. Officials have final say, we reserve the right to check mower after the derby.
20. Driver must wear helmet, pants, long sleeve shirt, and eye protection when entering the track and during the
21. No direct hits to the driver’s area.
22. If you are rolled over, the heat will be stopped and your lawnmower will be placed back on its wheels and you will
23. During the competition you must initiate contact within two (1) minutes. If at any time you cannot make contact
time limit you will be disqualified
24. All motion to be halted upon signal from referees in case fire, injury, and other emergencies.
25. No hits when opponent is out of bounds.
26. No pit racing.
27. Drivers will inspect each other’s mowers before the driver’s meeting and will bring up any concerns after the
with the officials.
Figure 8 race
1. Each driver must fill out an entry blank. All drivers must supply their own cars, only one entry per person.
2. Each driver must be 16 yrs old or must hold a valid driver’s license and have a notarized release signed by parent.
3. If you are pregnant, have back problems, and /or heart problems you are not allowed to run!!
4. The track owners or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any entry.
5. Only owners, drivers, mechanics, etc. who sign the release sheet will be permitted in the pit area. Drivers only on
6. The promoter, track owner or fair association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts, or personal property
during and after show.
Each car must be signed in and inspected at the track at least 1 hour prior to show time. Only 1 REINSPECTION
PERMITTED!! If you do not pass the 2nd time, you will be disqualified with No Entry Reimbursement.
Official’s discretion will be used!!
- PREPARATION OF CAR –
1. SAFETY IS A MUST!!
2. Remove all trim, emblems, plastic and glass (windows, lights, etc…) Sweep the car out from debris,
3. Any sharp protruding fins or dangerous objects (smash down or cut off).
4. Chrome molding strips and bottom portion of back seats must be removed.
5. Bumpers may be flipped over.
6. No trailer hitches
7. Cutting bumpers ends (fenders) for wheel clearance is allowed.
8. Bumpers can be loaded.
9. It is recommended that the Driver’s door be painted White. A roof sign/number is allowed. IT MAY NOT
ANY PART OF CAR!!
10. It is recommended the driver’s door be reinforced with steel bar, angle iron or pipe.
11. A strong wire or mesh screen is recommended on driver’s window & windshield area. Chain, wire or metal bar is
STRONGLY recommended from driver’s door to roof
12. All doors are recommended to be fastened shut by wire, straps, chained or welded (steel no bigger than 3” in
1/8” thick) nothing to frame! NO OVER LAPPING!! Note: any metal wider or thicker is ILLEGAL and will be removed!!
3 or 4 – POINT CAGE & ROLL OVER BAR:
13. A 3 or 4 point cage is recommended for DRIVER SAFETY.
BATTERY & GAS TANKS:
14. NO Alcohol motors
15. Stock gas tanks MUST be removed from the original position!! Replacement tank must be placed in the back
all tanks must be securely fastened to floor and covered; a portable tank is recommended in place of the original.
and fuel lines must be completely covered before inspection. Rubber hose inside car. Steel gas tanks or Neoprene
Construction approved tanks can be
16. Only ONE battery, any size, is allowed. It MUST be securely fastened and COMPLETELY covered. NO
MILK CRATES ALLOWED!!
HOOD & ENGINE COMPARTMENT:
17. No spray devises or cans allowed in cars.
18. Exhaust stacks/ headers must point directly upwards!!
19. Firewalls may not be totally removed. If altered, the hole must be covered with something fire proof. This is for
20. Radiators, transmissions coolers and heaters must remain in original position or in engine compartment. In front
firewall. Radiator overflow hose must point STRAIGHT DOWN!!
21. Homemade radiators are allowed.
22. Carburetor must have some sort of cover/air cleaner attached to it!!
23. DOUBLE TIRES are allowed!! NO liquids, concrete or other material in tires permitted. No studs or screws in
studs in tires.
24. No metal may cover or protect tires. No bead-locks. Valve stem protectors are ok.
- RUNNING -
A. Seat belt or Safety belt, Z-90 approved helmet (full face recommended) GOGGLES OR FACE SHIELD
B. Neck braces are highly recommended!!
C. Fire retardant suits, clothing or hood is recommended for personal safety. (NO shorts and must wear shirt)
D. NO deliberate head-on collisions and NO deliberate hitting in driver's door.
E. Vehicles must have dependable brakes at all times and Boundaries observed.
F. NO alcohol or drugs on track or in the PIT area. ANYONE under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be
G. No cars are permitted in the competition area before the heat in which they are to participate.
H. A vehicle will be disqualified if the driver’s door comes open during the heat, or catches fire.
I. A $100.00 Protest fee is required to contest another car. If you are a driver, you must give the head track official
cash! You then must state what car is illegal and where it is illegal. If you are right you WILL get your $100 back, if
wrong, you will forfeit that $100. Derby officials reserve the right to inspect any car at any time!!
J. Any vehicle visibly leaking fuel will be disqualified!
K. Fire extinguisher is recommended at close reach in driver's compartment.
L. Any driver or crewmember disobeying the rules will cause his or her car to be disqualified.
Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disqualification and barring from future derbies.
M. DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR CREW MEMBERS.
N. FINAL WINNERS MAY BE INSPECTED.
O. THE DECISION OF THE DERBY OFFICIALS WILL BE FINAL!!
- RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER -
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to prove for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall serve the conditions of all events, and by
in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sports and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to
participant, spectator, or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the
specification herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptance
NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OR
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and the Fair
This class is for the kids AGES 4-10. Bring Birth Certificate in case of a challenge of age. Upon arrival a notarized
and/ or legal guardian consent form must be filled out or you will not be allowed to participate. This is a Fun Class to
small kids their first taste, of a Derby, any Power wheels that are too fast or heavy will not be allowed to run. This is
Kids to have Fun!
1. Power Wheels for Kids 4 years old and up. 3. Stock, Electric, Regular Size, Power Wheels with up to a 12 volt lawn
mower battery. Battery can not be mounted in the passenger seat. 4. Helmets must be worn. 5. All doors, hoods, and
tailgates must be strapped shut. 6. Use zip ties or duct tape to fasten shut doors, hood, and trunk. No sharp or
Track official and or inspectors decisions are final.
Ryan Tittle 419-618-8785, Jayvid Opp 567-207-4090, Joey Bowman 419-937-3568.